Strategic Planning Retreat: Planning Our Successes and Successfully Planning Our Future
Evening – Before Kick-off: Welcome and Ground Rules
• Gathering cocktails, dinner and a short introduction to the retreat
• Establish ground rules for the retreat
• ‘Night Work’: 3 questions to ask all participants before retiring
First Day: Strategic Planning, SWOT, Visioning & Teams:
• Motivational opener
• Commitments and buy-in specifics
• Strategic Planning Process Explained from 10-year / 5-year / 1-year including Vision, Values, KPIs, Mission, Quest, Goals, Marketing, Financial, HR, Technology and more
• What is working with our current system now and what’s not. What do we need to change?
• SWOT analysis
• Painting a picture: Our Ideal organisation. Visioning what we could possibly become.
• How to paint an ideal picture for each department involved. Taking each department and brainstorming on what would be the IDEAL for each.
• In-between each session, we conduct an energizing teambuilding exercise to keep the creativity flowing.
Second Day: Making it Work at Work
• How does each department contribute to that ideal picture? A facilitation exercise
• Setting Goals, Priorities and commitments to follow-through for real change
• Debrief and how this apply to each of us as individuals. Garner commitments from each participant
• Team Quest statements (identifying sub teams and developing statements)
• List all commitments and trouble shoot possible problems
• Design follow-up systems and develop systems to ensure that everyone does everything they promised and this meeting really produces the results we want.
• Motivational Wrap-up
>>Return To Seminar & Workshop Topics
>>Go To Speech Topics
>> Go To Public Seminars
>>Go To Program Main Manual